Back by popular demand! It’s the Lolita Tips Holiday Gift Exchange!
In 2012 I held the first Lolita Tips Holiday Gift Exchange and it was extremely popular but there were a lot of bugs that needed to be worked out, mainly having to do with Tumblr’s message system which still isn’t great. Because of the issues with the first event I skipped it last year and did my Make A Wish charity event instead which was also very popular and raised a lot of money but it also cost a lot of money and a lot of effort. So this year I’m bringing the gift exchange back with some changes that should help fix the issues I had the last time around!
What is the gift exchange?
My gift exchange is a way to celebrate the Winter holidays while making new Lolita friends! Everyone will be given the address of another Lolita (or Lolita in the making!) for whom to get a gift for the Holidays. You will also receive a gift from a completely different person so you have the chance to make two new friends instead of just one!
Rules for Signing Up
- Participants must be at least 18 years old or have parent/guardian permission
- Do not send a submission if you won’t be able to participate
- If you don’t want to send a gift, don’t send a submission!
- Please keep to the schedule and let me know if you run into any problems so I can keep things organized
- The maximum amount you can spend is $40 (not counting shipping)
- There is no minimum amount because handmade items are perfectly acceptable and you may already have everything you need to make them
- That being said, send something that you would like to get! I will post lists of ideas at later times but the idea is that nobody will be disappointed!
- Send your information: October 2, 2014 - November 2, 2014
- Receiving your partner information from me: November 2, 2014 - November 9, 2014
- Deadline for shipping your partner’s gift: December 15, 2014
So how do I get started?
When you know for sure that you are able to participate, send an email to me at email@example.com with the subject line “Gift Exchange” and the following information:
- Your full name
- Your tumblr URL (the gift exchange is open to non-tumblr users as well but this is just for my information and will not be shared with your partner)
- Your full address
- Can you ship internationally?
- Your favorite Lolita styles
- Your favorite color
- Other interests
- Your feedback page*
I ask for a feedback page for the same reason you might want to see one when buying from someone, to know they’re reliable. This can be buyer or seller feedback from EGL, etsy, ebay, wherever. This is not mandatory but know that people with feedback will be paired up together and people without feedback will be paired up together.
Be sure to use an email address that you check regularly not only so you can get your partner information quickly but also in case I need to contact you for other reasons.
So I believe that’s all the information I need to provide at this point. I will be reblogging this regularly to get word out and if you have any questions feel free to ask them! If you’re interested in information on the last gift exchange or seeing examples of gifts people got you can see those posts in the old gift exchange tag. Everything relating to this year’s event will be tagged as giftexchange2014.
I’m really excited for this event and I will be participating as well and I hope everyone else is looking forward to it too!
(art by biancohills)
I’m thinking of doing this. ..